Masala cauliflower potatoes
- February 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, simmering time 20-30 min
Chetna Makan‘s masala cauliflower potatoes make a wonderful veggie side or main as part of a big curry-night feast.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- 5.6g (0.9g saturated)
- 32.9g (12.7g sugars)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp black or yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes from a tin, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 large potato, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a low-medium heat. Add the mustard and cumin seeds and cook for 1-2 minutes until they begin to sizzle. Stir in the onion and cook, stirring, for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Mix in the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the tomatoes, salt and spices. Turn the heat to high and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the peas, cauliflower, potato and 50ml cold water. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low and cook for 20-30 minutes until the cauliflower and potato are tender.
- Take the pan off the heat, sprinkle over the coriander and serve hot.
Cool the cooked dish completely and keep covered in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in a pan to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Masala omelette with spinach and soured cream dressing
Chetna Makan has spiced up a classic omelette, topped it with spinach, then finished it...