Mozzarella stuffed risotto balls
- January 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 min to make, 10 min to cook, plus chilling
These quick and easy mozzarella risotto balls make an enjoyable starter or canapé. You can also try them with taleggio or camembert cut into cubes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 400g fresh mushroom risotto
- ½ x 150g pack Galbani mini mozzarella balls
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 130g ready-made lemon and pepper breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges and tomato salsa to serve
- Chop any large pieces of mushroom in the risotto. Drain the mozzarella balls. Press 1 ball into 1 tbsp risotto and shape to encase the cheese. Repeat to make 12 risotto balls.
- Put the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs onto 3 separate large plates. Roll the risotto balls in the flour, then the eggs and finally in the breadcrumbs. Put on a plate and chill for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Fill a medium pan with oil to 5cm, then heat until a cube of bread turns golden in 30 seconds. Fry the balls for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Drain well on kitchen paper. Serve hot with lemon wedges to squeeze over and a tomato salsa dip.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
It only takes 15 minutes to turn cold, leftover risotto into these easy Italian-style arancini...