Mushroom and bacon pasta
- October 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 min
If you’re putting bacon pieces into pasta or a risotto, don’t buy expensive rashers or cubes. Ask the butcher for off-cuts to save money for this delicious linguine recipe.
- 614 kcals
- 23.8g (11.9g saturated)
- 70.2g (4.1g sugar)
- 350g linguine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- 75ml double cream
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Parmesan or Grana Padano shavings, to serve
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, drain and toss with half the olive oil and 2 tablespoons cooking water. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry the bacon for 5 minutes until crisp. Add mushrooms and thyme and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add to the pasta with the peas and warm over a low heat. Add the cream and lemon juice and warm. Serve with the cheese shavings and season.
Fry the bacon, mushrooms and thyme as above. Add 300g risotto rice and stir. Add 900ml hot stock, a third at a time, cooking to absorb in between. When rice is nearly tender, add the peas and cook. Add lemon juice, 2 tbsp Parmesan and a knob of butter.
Rate & review