- September 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Looking for some easy comfort food? Try this quick vegetarian mushroom risotto made with with oozy taleggio cheese for a comforting midweek dinner.
Looking for more ways with taleggio? Try this cauliflower cheese pasta bake and fall in love…
- 13.2g (6.4g saturated)
- 50.2g (1.5g sugars)
- 1 onion
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- Splash olive oil
- Knob of butter
- Bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- 250g risotto rice
- 750ml vegetable stock (hot)
- 100g taleggio cheese or vegetarian alternative (see Tips)
- Roughly chop the onion and slice the chestnut mushrooms. Heat the oil and the butter in a non-stick medium-size saucepan over a medium heat, then fry the onion and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Remove the leaves from the thyme sprigs and add most of them to the pan. Continue cooking for a further 1 minute. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Begin adding the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring until each ladleful has been absorbed before adding the next. Continue in this way for around 15-18 minutes until all the stock has been added and the rice is cooked and creamy, with a slight bite.
- Cut the taleggio into small cubes. Stir into the risotto, then serve scattered with extra thyme leaves (optional).
Looking for an alternative cheese to taleggio? Opt for any mild, semi soft, washed rind cheeses.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Mushroom risotto with bacon
This bacon and mushroom risotto recipe is a quick and scrumptious midweek supper for two.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...