Mussels and cannellini beans in white wine
- February 2018
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 20 min
This is a great recipe for those following a 5:2 diet, but equally makes a warming bowlful that everyone will enjoy. Serve with a fresh baguette to soak up the gorgeous wine sauce.
Looking for something else? We have lots more recipes for 1 person for you to try.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 3.1g (0.6g saturated)
- 18.6g (2g sugars)
- A few sprays of light olive oil
- ½ leek, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 60ml white wine
- 150ml reduced-salt fish or vegetable stock
- 200g fresh mussels, scrubbed, beards removed (discard any that don’t close when tapped sharply on the work surface) or 200g vacuum-packed cooked mussels
- 200g cannellini beans in water, drained
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Small handful roughly chopped fresh dill to serve
- Spray the oil into a heavy-based saucepan (one with a tight-fitting lid) over a low-medium heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring, for 6–7 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Increase the heat to high, then add the wine to the pan and bubble for 1 minute. Add the stock, mussels, cannellini beans and parsley. Cover the pan tightly with the lid and simmer, shaking the pan occasionally, for 6-7 minutes until the mussels open. Remove from the heat and discard any unopened mussels.
- Season with ground black pepper, then ladle into a bowl and garnish with the dill to serve.
Rate & review