- August 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
A Niçoise is one of the world’s great salad recipes. This one is made without tuna, to let the other flavours shine.
- 22.8g (4.1g saturated)
- 5.7g (1.5g sugars)
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 100g baby salad potatoes
- 100g fine green beans, topped and cut in half
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 little gem lettuces, leaves separated
- 6 anchovy fillets, halved lengthways
- 12 black olives
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Put the eggs in a small pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then plunge immediately into cold water and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a pan of cold salted water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes until tender, adding the beans for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and refresh the beans in cold water. Leave the potatoes until cool enough to handle, then slice in halves or quarters, if large.
- To make the dressing, whisk the wine vinegar and mustard with the crushed garlic, season with a pinch of sugar, sea salt and black pepper, then gradually pour in the oil, whisking until thick.
- Peel the eggs and cut into quarters. Put the lettuce leaves in a bowl with the sliced egg, potatoes, beans, anchovies, olives and parsley. Pour over the dressing, mix carefully, then serve.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...