Tuna Niçoise pasta
- December 2008
- 300g pappardelle or pasta shapes
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- Handful pitted black olives
- 14 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Juice of ½ lemon.
- 2 x 200g cans good-quality tuna
- Handful chopped fresh parsley
- Garnish with hard-boiled eggs (optional), peeled and halved
- Cook pappardelle or pasta shapes of your choice in a saucepan of boiling salted water according to pack instructions. When the pasta has a few minutes left, add the green beans and cook until both are al dente.
- Drain, reserving 2 tbsp of the cooking water. In a bowl, mix the pasta and beans with 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil and the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the shallots, for 5 minutes.
- Add the anchovy, capers, rinsed, black olives, halved, and the cherry tomatoes, halved. Warm for 3-4 minutes, then remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Drain the canned tuna, flake and stir into the pasta with the sauce and a handful chopped fresh parsley. Divide between bowls and garnish with hard-boiled eggs (optional), peeled and halved.
Rate & review