Tuna niçoise salad with garlic and herb dressing
- July 2009
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 min
Creating a good salad dressing is a complex business: which oil to use for which salad, and what kind of vinegar? Here’s the definitive Garlic and herb dressing for tuna niçoise salad.
- 29.4g (4.8g saturated)
- 3.5g (2.9g sugar)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- Large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chervil or flatleaf parsley
- 6-7 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 x 230g tuna steaks
- 150g green beans, topped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g black olives
- 2 baby gem lettuces, leaves separated
- Make the dressing by whisking the vinegar with the sugar, garlic and herbs and season. Gradually whisk in the oil until you have a thick dressing.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking. Brush the tuna with olive oil, season and griddle for 1-2 minutes each side until seared but still raw in the centre. Set aside. Blanch the beans in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes then drain and refresh in cold water. In a large bowl, mix the green beans, tomatoes, black olives and lettuce.
- Toss the salad with the dressing, slice the tuna thickly and place on top.
Rate & review