Olive and feta stuffed pasta
- May 2009
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 minutes, cooking time 30 minutes
Bring a bit of Mediterranean sunshine to your midweek dinner with this quick pasta stuffed with artichokes, roasted peppers, tomatoes, olives and feta.
Add more Italian flavours to your weeknight dinners with our quick Italian midweek meal recipes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 29.6g, (8.5g saturated)
- 250g pack large pasta shells (conchiglione, from larger supermarkets)
- ½ x 350g jar roasted peppers in oil
- ½ x 350g jar antipasti artichokes in oil
- 100g small black olives, pitted and chopped
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10 minutes, then drain well.
- Drain the peppers. Chop the peppers roughly or very finely depending on how you prefer the texture of the filling. Drain and chop the artichokes, then mix together with the peppers, olives, feta and plenty of black pepper in a bowl. Stuff the cooked pasta shells with the filling using a teaspoon. If you’re freezing the recipe ahead, put the stuffed pasta in a tightly sealed plastic container and freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost before cooking and continue from the next step.
- When ready to cook, heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Tip the tomatoes into a large ovenproof dish. Mix together the balsamic vinegar, sugar and 2 tbsp water, then drizzle over the tomatoes. Sit the pasta shells, with the stuffing facing up, in between the tomatoes in the dish.
- Spoon over the oil, cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes, until the tomatoes have split and the pasta is golden. Serve with plenty of crusty bread, for mopping up the juices.
Slightly undercook the pasta – it will finish cooking in the oven.
Follow the freezing instructions in the recipe, or make the pasta shells the day before, and chill overnight, covered.
Rate & review