Oven-roasted pasta puttanesca
- May 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 5 min
Rustle up an easy midweek family dinner with our oven-roasted pasta puttanesca recipe. Spaghetti is baked with rich, sticky roast tomatoes, capers and olives. Just five minutes prep, then the oven does the work.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 15.4g (2.2g saturated)
- 83.2g (9.4g sugars)
- 2 x 400g cans whole cherry tomatoes or plum tomatoes
- 6 anchovy fillets in oil from a can, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- ½ -1 tsp chilli flakes (to taste; optional)
- 70g pitted black olives, halved
- 400g spaghetti
- Small handful flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 180ºC fan/gas 6. Put the tomatoes in a large roasting tin. Stir in the anchovies, garlic, capers, olive oil and chilli flakes. Season with a little salt, then roast for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are beginning to colour and the sauce is reduced. Stir in the olives, then return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain well, reserving about 125ml cooking water. Remove the sauce from the oven and add the pasta, along with most of the parsley and enough cooking water to create a loose and glossy sauce that coats the pasta as you toss it.
- Serve, drizzled with a little more olive oil, the rest of the parsley and an extra sprinkle of chilli flakes, if you like.
Easy swaps: To make this vegetarian, omit the anchovies and add more capers and olives, if you like.
Oven-roasting tinned tomatoes makes them sweet, sticky and caramelised.
Rate & review