No-stir risotto with radishes, asparagus and artichokes
- June 2020
- SERVES 4
- HANDS-ON TIME 15 MINS, OVEN TIME 40 MIN
You read that right – no stir. The oven does all the hard work with this spring-fresh risotto, which is packed full of veg and enriched with stock, white wine and cheese.
Risotto on your mind? Browse through our collection of the best comforting risotto recipes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 17.1g fat (7.1g saturated)
- 69.3g (6.8g sugars)
- 7.5g fibre
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 150g mixed radishes, chopped
- 125g fine asparagus, stems finely chopped, tips left whole
- 270g arborio risotto rice
- 200ml dry white wine
- 1 litre fresh chicken stock (or use a stock pot or stock cube)
- 150g frozen peas
- 175g chargrilled artichokes in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon, plus the lemon, quartered to serve
- 30g vegetarian hard cheese (use parmesan or similar if you’re not vegetarian), finely grated
You’ll also need…
- 1.5 litre hob-safe roasting tin (see tip)
- Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/ gas 3 1⁄2. Put the oil and butter in the roasting tin, put the tin on the hob over a medium heat, then stir in the onion, celery, carrot and a pinch of salt. Fry for 5 minutes, then stir in the radishes, chopped asparagus stalks and rice. Cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the wine and all but 50ml of the stock, then bake in the oven for 40 minutes, stirring in the asparagus tips, frozen peas, artichokes and lemon zest after 30 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining stock and the grated cheese, then serve with the lemon quarters for squeezing.
If you don’t have a hob-safe roasting tin, do step 1 in a frying pan, then transfer the ingredients to a roasting tin or baking dish and continue.
Change up the veg by swapping the asparagus for broccoli sliced into lengths or fine green beans.
Rate & review