Pancetta-wrapped salmon with griddled asparagus
- June 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make, 15 min to cook
A quick and simple recipe of pancetta-wrapped salmon fillets served with griddled asparagus and a zesty crème fraîche.
- 630 kcals
- 50.7g (15.6g saturated)
- 2.2g (2g sugar)
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 8 pancetta rashers
- 100ml crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Grated zest of 1 lime and juice of ½
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Place the asparagus in a shallow roasting tin and toss with half the olive oil. Season well and roast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season each salmon fillet, wrap in 2 pancetta rashers and brush with the remaining olive oil. Once the asparagus has been cooking for 5 minutes, remove from the oven and place the salmon on top. Return to the oven for a further 8-10 minutes until the salmon is just cooked and the pancetta is crisp.
- Mix together the crème fraîche and mayonnaise, then stir through the lime zest and juice. Season and serve with the asparagus and salmon.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
March seasonal recipes
Tray-roast salmon and vegetables with crème fraîche and crumbs
Midweek dinner couldn’t be any easier than combining breadcrumb-coated salmon fillets with slice potatoes, broccoli...
Salmon fillet recipes
Easy mustard and dill salmon with new potatoes and asparagus
Sometimes simplicity really is best and this classic spring combination of salmon, asparagus and new...