Pappardelle with purple sprouting broccoli, Dolcelatte and walnuts
- March 2013
- Serves 6
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 5-7 minutes to cook
Pappardelle makes a fantastic pasta dish which can be varied using seasonal ingredients; we’ve added purple sprouting broccoli to this creamy dish. Just one of our many veggie pasta recipes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 40.2g (21.7g saturated)
- 49.5g (3.5g sugars)
- 400g good-quality pappardelle pasta
- 500g purple sprouting broccoli (prepared weight)
- 25g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
- 150g creamy Dolcelatte, broken into small pieces
- 200ml double cream or crème fraîche
- Finely grated zest of 1 small lemon
- 50g finely grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative, plus extra to serve
- 50g walnut pieces, lightly toasted
- Bring a really large pan (about 4 litres) of well-salted water to the boil and prepare a steamer. Add the pappardelle to the boiling water and cook for 5-7 minutes or until al dente.
- Put the sprouting broccoli into the steamer and cook it for 4-6 minutes or until quite tender (it should be cooked slightly more than usual).
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan, add the garlic and cook over a very gentle heat, without letting the garlic colour, for about 1 minute. Add the thyme leaves and cook for a few seconds more. Add the Dolcelatte, cream or crème fraîche and lemon zest, then cook over a low heat, stirring now and then, until the mixture has formed a thick, creamy sauce. Season well with black pepper.
- Drain the pappardelle well, return it to the pan and stir in the creamy cheese sauce, followed by the steamed sprouting broccoli and the parmesan. Season with a little salt, if you wish. Serve in warmed bowls, sprinkled with the toasted walnuts and a little more parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Crab and cherry tomato pasta with basil and lemon
A simple pasta dish that’s ideal to make for friends and family midweek.
Boiled egg recipes
Purple sprouting broccoli with soft-boiled egg and crisp rosemary breadcrumbs
The addition of rosemary breadcrumbs and a perfectly soft-boiled egg transforms this simple dish from...