Easy broccoli, chilli and lemon spaghetti
- March 2016
- 300g spaghetti
- 250g purple sprouting broccoli, halved lengthways
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest and juice ½-1 lemon
- Large handful fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Handful almonds, toasted in a dry frying pan, to serve (optional)
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the pack instructions. Add the broccoli for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain, then drizzle with olive oil to stop the pasta sticking.
- Meanwhile, heat the 3 tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic and chilli, then cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- Add the drained broccoli and pasta to the onion mixture and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, adding lemon zest and juice to taste. Stir in the chopped parsley, then serve immediately, scattered with the toasted almonds if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Pappardelle with purple sprouting broccoli, Dolcelatte and walnuts
Pappardelle makes a fantastic pasta dish which can be varied...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter