Quick satay chicken skewers with rice
- November 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
Using time-saving ingredients, this speedy satay recipe is ready in just 25 minutes. You can make the recipe using pork fillet if you fancy a change from chicken.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 4 skinless free-range chicken breasts
- 200g satay peanut sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pak choi, quartered lengthways
- 300g pack cooked Thai fragrant rice
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- A squeeze of lime
- Extra lime wedges for squeezing over
- Soak 12 small wooden skewers in warm water. Meanwhile, cut the chicken breasts into strips. Place in a bowl with 150g satay peanut sauce and 1 tbsp olive oil, mix and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Thread the chicken onto the wooden skewers. Heat a large griddle pan or frying pan, and cook for 8 minutes, until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, steam the pak choi for 5 minutes and warm the rice in the microwave according to the pack instructions.
- In a dipping bowl, mix the remaining 50g satay peanut sauce with the coconut milk and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve the skewers with the extra sauce, for dipping, steamed pak choi, bowls of Thai fragrant rice, and extra lime wedges for squeezing over.
Rate & review