Leftover turkey curry
- December 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 40 min
In the days that follow Christmas, there always seems to be an abundance of turkey. Use up your leftovers in this leftover turkey curry. We’ve added sprouts and cream for a rich, moreish dish.
We’re just going to leave our leftover turkey bake recipe here too, just in case you’ve got enough leftovers for two days!
- 20g (6.8g saturated)
- 12.1g (9.4g sugars)
- 25g butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125g curry paste (we used Patak’s mild curry spice paste)
- 500ml chicken stock
- 300g leftover turkey
- 300g cooked sprouts, quartered
- 75ml single cream
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- Fresh coriander leaves and naan bread to serve
- Heat the butter in a deep frying pan until foaming, then add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic, cook for a minute, then stir in the curry paste and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Stir in the turkey and sprouts, then add the cream, nigella seeds and chutney. Cook, stirring, until heated through, but don’t boil or the cream will split. (If it does, don’t worry – the curry will still taste good.)
- Season and serve in bowls sprinkled with coriander, with naan bread for dipping.
The perfect recipe in the days that follow Christmas.
A peach-tinged viognier from the south of France or Chile.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter