Caramelised onion chutney and goat’s cheese tortilla pizza
- February 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, simmering/oven time 35-38 min
Using tortillas as pizza bases cuts down on time and saves a few calories – making this vegetarian recipe a great midweek meal or lazy Friday night dinner.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 19.5g (9.3g saturated)
- 53.2g (16.2g sugars)
- Olive oil for frying and dressing
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 large soft flour tortillas
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 8 tbsp caramelised red onion chutney, from a jar
- 150g soft rindless goat’s cheese
- 100g rocket leaves
- Splash balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 190°C/ 170°C fan/gas 5. Heat a glug of oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the onion for 6-7 minutes until softening. Add the garlic and cook for a minute more, then add the tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, leave to cool slightly, then whizz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Put the tortillas onto 2 baking sheets, then spread evenly with the sauce, leaving a 1-2cm border around the outside. Sprinkle with the thyme, then top with dollops of chutney and pieces of goat’s cheese. Bake for 15-18 minutes until the tortilla is golden and crisp at the edges and the cheese has melted. Dress the rocket in a little olive oil and balsamic and scatter it over the pizzas.
Swap the homemade sauce for a jar of good quality pasta sauce.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...