Pork steaks wrapped in Parma ham with butter bean salad
- June 2013
- 2 Sainsbury’s Taste The Difference outdoor reared British pork loin steaks, or similar
- 4 slices Sainsbury’s Taste The Difference minimum 24 month matured Parma ham, or similar
- 450g Karyatis roasted red peppers (from Sainsbury’s), or similar, drained and sliced
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Small garlic clove, crushed
- 400g tin butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Season the pork steaks well, then wrap each with 2 Parma ham slices.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, then fry the wrapped steaks over a medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, adding the vinegar for the final 3 minutes to glaze.
- Transfer to the oven for 5-7 minutes until cooked through, then set aside to rest.
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan and fry the garlic for 1-2 minutes, then add the beans with a splash of water and heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the peppers and season, then stir through the chopped parsley. Serve with the pork.
This recipe works just as well with British rose veal escalopes. If they’re thin, fry for 2 minutes only on each side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sponsored by Belazu
Butter bean recipes
Crisp and sticky kale and butter beans with balsamic vinegar
This hearty, textured winter side dish combines sticky balsamic kale with fluffy butter beans. It...
Midweek meal recipes
Chicken and butter beans in a tomato, courgette and pepper sauce
Create this simple dish of chicken and butter beans in a tomato, courgette and pepper...