Pork steaks wrapped in Parma ham with butter bean salad
- June 2013
- 2 Sainsbury’s Taste The Difference outdoor reared British pork loin steaks, or similar
- 4 slices Sainsbury’s Taste The Difference minimum 24 month matured Parma ham, or similar
- 450g Karyatis roasted red peppers (from Sainsbury’s), or similar, drained and sliced
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Small garlic clove, crushed
- 400g tin butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Season the pork steaks well, then wrap each with 2 Parma ham slices.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, then fry the wrapped steaks over a medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, adding the vinegar for the final 3 minutes to glaze.
- Transfer to the oven for 5-7 minutes until cooked through, then set aside to rest.
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan and fry the garlic for 1-2 minutes, then add the beans with a splash of water and heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the peppers and season, then stir through the chopped parsley. Serve with the pork.
This recipe works just as well with British rose veal escalopes. If they’re thin, fry for 2 minutes only on each side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
30-minute meal recipes
Pork piccata with mashed potatoes and roast apples
Piccata is an Italian dish of chicken escalope, dredged in...
Roast pork steaks with tomatoes and pine nuts
Our Mediterranean-style roast pork steaks – cooked with tomatoes, pine...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter