Roast pork steaks with tomatoes and pine nuts
- May 2004
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 minutes
Our Mediterranean-style roast pork steaks – cooked with tomatoes, pine nuts and basil – make a quick and easy throw-it-together midweek meal.
- 31.7g (10g saturated)
- 4g (4.2g sugar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 pork loin steaks or chops
- 250g vine-ripened midi plum tomatoes
- 25g pine nuts
- Good splash balsamic vinegar
- Large bunch basil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and cook the pork steaks or chops for 1-2 minutes each side until golden brown. Transfer to a large roasting tin, spaced well apart. Cut the tomatoes in half and scatter over the pork, followed by the pine nuts. Season well. Put the roasting tray in the oven and roast for 12-15 minutes until the pork is tender.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle over the vinegar and scatter with the fresh basil leaves. Spoon the pork, tomatoes and basil on to 4 warm plates. Serve drizzled with a little extra olive oil.
Here we’ve gone for small plum tomatoes on the vine, which are deliciously sweet and look great. If you can’t find them, use double the amount of cherry tomatoes instead.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Butter bean recipes
Pork steaks wrapped in Parma ham with butter bean salad
A tasty recipe for pork steaks wrapped in Parma ham...
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter