Potato and paneer curry
- April 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Knock together this easy vegetarian curry in just 30 minutes after work. Made with lots of veggies and crowd-pleasing paneer, the whole family will love this one.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 28.6g (9.7g saturated
- 47.6g (14.6g sugars)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 226g pack paneer, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 750g baby potatoes, cut into 2-3cm chunks
- ½ x 283g jar bhuna curry paste
- 500g carton passata
- 1 vegetable stock pot (we used Knorr)
- 200g frozen peas
- 20g coriander, chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- Natural yogurt and naan to serve
- Heat a splash of the oil in a wide saucepan or deep frying pan over a medium heat, then cook the paneer for 2-3 minutes until golden. Transfer to a plate, add the remaining oil to the pan, then fry the onion until browning (about 5 minutes). Stir in the potatoes and curry paste, then cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the passata, then fill the carton with water and add this and the stock pot to the pan. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and cook at a fast simmer for 25 minutes until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Once the potatoes are tender, stir in the peas, most of the coriander and the paneer, then cook for 2-3 minutes more until heated through.
- Stir in the lime juice. Serve with a dollop of yogurt, plenty of black pepper and the remaining coriander scattered over the top, with naan bread or rice on the side, if you’re feeling hungry.
If you’re not vegetarian and want to vary the ingredients another time, swap the paneer for prawns.
Rate & review