- 1½ tbsp ghee
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 300g spinach
- 2 handfuls of fresh coriander
- 10g finely chopped ginger
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- 300g paneer, cut into strips
- 3-4 tbsp natural yogurt
- sliced green chilli, to serve
- basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes until soft and slightly golden. Blanch the spinach briefly in boiling water, then drain. Put in a food processor with the coriander and pulse into a rough sauce.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the garam masala and cumin and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the spinach mix and bubble for 10-12 minutes. Taste and season.
- Dry-fry the paneer in a pan over a medium heat for 30-60 seconds until golden on both sides. Add the yogurt to the spinach mix and warm through, stirring. Season and serve with the paneer, sliced green chilli and basmati rice if you like.
- Paneer is a medium-hard curd cheese from India, available from supermarkets. Can’t find it? Use halloumi.