Potato, leek and stilton soup
- January 2007
- Serves 6
- Ready in 40 minutes
Why not try this warm, filling and easy-to-make potato, leek and stilton soup recipe for days when you’re feeling the cold.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 14.3g (9.1g saturated)
- 11.4g (3.7g sugars)
- 25g butter
- 2 medium (about 400g) leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 250g floury potatoes, such as maris piper
- 1.2 litres fresh vegetable stock, hot
- 2 bay leaves
- 100ml single cream
- 125g stilton, rind cut off and crumbled, plus extra to serve
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the leeks and cook for 5 minutes, stirring now and then, until softened but not browned.
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices and add to the pan with the vegetable stock and bay leaves. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground white pepper. Cover with a lid, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat slightly. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are very soft. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the cream and stilton into the hot soup, then discard the bay leaves. Blend with a stick blender (or in batches in a blender), until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Divide the soup between warmed soup bowls and sprinkle with extra Stilton and black pepper, to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...