Potato, leek and stilton soup
- January 2007
- Serves 6
- Ready in 40 minutes
Why not try this warm, filling and easy-to-make potato, leek and stilton soup recipe for days when you’re feeling the cold.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 14.3g (9.1g saturated)
- 11.4g (3.7g sugars)
- 25g butter
- 2 medium (about 400g) leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 250g floury potatoes, such as maris piper
- 1.2 litres fresh vegetable stock, hot
- 2 bay leaves
- 100ml single cream
- 125g stilton, rind cut off and crumbled, plus extra to serve
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the leeks and cook for 5 minutes, stirring now and then, until softened but not browned.
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices and add to the pan with the vegetable stock and bay leaves. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground white pepper. Cover with a lid, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat slightly. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are very soft. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the cream and stilton into the hot soup, then discard the bay leaves. Blend with a stick blender (or in batches in a blender), until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Divide the soup between warmed soup bowls and sprinkle with extra Stilton and black pepper, to serve.
Rate & review