Prawn, chicken and pak choi noodles
- February 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
A healthy, fresh chicken noodle soup made with prawns, pak choi and wholewheat noodles.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 2.4 litres fresh chicken stock (see tip)
- 180g wholewheat noodles
- 80g mangetout, halved lengthways
- 100g baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
- 4 x 75g heads of baby pak choi, quartered
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 100g fresh beansprouts
- 2 medium-hot red chillies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 8cm piece fresh ginger, cut into matchstick pieces
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 mini chicken fillets, cut into thin strips
- 24 raw peeled tiger prawns
- Small handful each fresh coriander and mint leaves
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan. Reduce to a simmer. Bring a second pan of water to the boil, add the noodles, return to the boil, then remove from the heat. Soak for 4 minutes, then drain. Divide between 4 deep soup bowls.
- Add the mangetout and sweetcorn to the stock and simmer for 2 minutes. Lift out with a slotted spoon and divide between the bowls. Add the pak choi to the stock and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to the bowls with the spring onions and beansprouts.
- Add the chillies, ginger and soy sauce to the stock. Simmer for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook for 1 minute. Add the prawns. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Ladle the stock, prawns and chicken into the bowls. Top with the herbs to serve.
Rate & review