Puy lentil salad with feta, mint and tomatoes
- February 2010
- Serves 2
- 30 minutes to make
Looking to save money during the week? Dump the sandwich shop and try this tasty puy lentil salad for lunch instead.
We’ve got a similar recipe with beetroot too, if that’s more your thing.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 200g Puy lentils, rinsed
- Hot vegetable stock, enough to cover the lentils
- Handful of feta, cubed
- Handful of semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp fresh basil and mint, chopped
- A little grated lemon zest
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil to serve
- In a pan, soften the red onion in the olive oil. Add the garlic clove and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the Puy lentils, cover with the hot vegetable stock, bring to the boil and simmer until tender.
- Drain, then stir in the feta, semi-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, basil, mint and the lemon zest.
- Season, add the lemon juice and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Puy lentils with roasted vegetables and griddled halloumi
This Mediterranean inspired vegetarian recipe is great for using up leftover vegetables in the fridge....