Puy lentil salad with feta, mint and tomatoes
- February 2010
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 200g Puy lentils, rinsed
- Hot vegetable stock, enough to cover the lentils
- Handful of feta, cubed
- Handful of semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp fresh basil and mint, chopped
- A little grated lemon zest
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil to serve
- In a pan, soften the red onion in the olive oil. Add the garlic clove and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the Puy lentils, cover with the hot vegetable stock, bring to the boil and simmer until tender.
- Drain, then stir in the feta, semi-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, basil, mint and the lemon zest.
- Season, add the lemon juice and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Puy lentils with roasted vegetables and griddled halloumi
This Mediterranean inspired vegetarian recipe is great for using up...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter