Quick baked cod with sweet potato, spinach and crème fraïche
- January 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Easy and ready in 30 minutes – this baked cod recipe comes served with sweet potato and a light, creamy spinach sauce.
- 20.5g(9.8g saturated)
- 48.7g(14.3g sugars)
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into batons
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 onion, sliced
- 250g young leaf spinach
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 125ml crème fraîche
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 4 sustainable cod fillets, skin on
- 2 tbsp seasoned plain flour
- Chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the sweet potato batons for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain, then return to the pan with the lid on to keep warm.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, then gently fry the onion for 5 minutes.
- Put the spinach in a colander in the sink and pour over a kettle of boiling water to wilt it, then leave to drain.
- Add the mustard, crème fraîche, lemon zest and lemon juice to the onion. Bubble for 2 minutes, then stir in the wilted spinach. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Leave on the stove with the heat turned to its lowest setting while you prepare the fish.
- Heat a large frying pan with a little oil over a high heat. Dip the cod in the seasoned flour until well coated, then add it to the pan, skin-side down. Fry for 5 minutes, then carefully turn and cook for about 3 minutes more until just opaque throughout. Serve with the sweet potato and creamed spinach, with a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...