- 250g whole cherry tomatoes
- 60ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- A pinch of sugar
- 2 pizza bases
- Fresh herbs, such as basil or parsley, to serve
- Chilli flakes, to serve
- Parma ham
- Goat's cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Heat a large frying or sauté pan over a high heat until very hot, then tip in the tomatoes. Cook, tossing in the pan occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes are scorched, blackened and splitting their skins.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the extra-virgin olive oil, pressing the tomatoes up against the side of the pan to flatten them. Stir in the garlic, season with salt, pepper and the sugar, then leave to cool slightly.
- Heat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas 9. Spread the pizza bases with the sauce, then top with whatever you fancy. We used strips of parma ham and crumbled goat’s cheese. Bake in the oven on trays for 8-10 minutes until the bases are crisp, then remove.
- Drizzle with a little more extra-virgin olive oil, scatter with fresh herbs and some chilli flakes, then slice to serve.