Quick parma ham and goat’s cheese pizzas
- June 2016
- Makes 2 medium pizzas
- Hands-on time 10 min, cook time 8-10 mins
It takes less time to make these pizzas, made with a quick homemade tomato sauce, than it does to get one delivered. It’s a recipe you can change as much as you like meaning you’ll come back to it time-and-time again.
If you’ve got more time, try your hand at making your own dough in this classic margarita pizza recipe.
- 250g whole cherry tomatoes
- 60ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- A pinch of sugar
- 2 pizza bases, or make your own with our basic pizza dough recipe
- Fresh herbs, such as basil or parsley, to serve
- Chilli flakes, to serve
- Parma ham
- Goat’s cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Heat a large frying or sauté pan over a high heat until very hot, then tip in the tomatoes. Cook, tossing in the pan occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes are scorched, blackened and splitting their skins.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the extra-virgin olive oil, pressing the tomatoes up against the side of the pan to flatten them. Stir in the garlic, season with salt, pepper and the sugar, then leave to cool slightly.
- Heat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas 9. Spread the pizza bases with the sauce, then top with whatever you fancy. We used strips of parma ham and crumbled goat’s cheese. Bake in the oven on trays for 8-10 minutes until the bases are crisp, then remove.
- Drizzle with a little more extra-virgin olive oil, scatter with fresh herbs and some chilli flakes, then slice to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...