Quick pesto pasta with lamb
- October 2005
- 500g pack lamb mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 190g jar red pesto
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 150g dried pasta shapes
- Heat a deep, wide frying pan. Add the mince, onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes. Stir in the peppers, pesto and tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Mix into the meat sauce.
If you want to cook ahead and freeze this dish then cool, cover and freeze in a freezer-proof container for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature. Tip into a saucepan, add a splash of water and reheat for 5-10 minutes until piping hot.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Trompette pesto pasta
Trompette mushrooms have an amazing dark brown, almost black, colour that not only looks great...