Roast chicken with celeriac chips with tarragon dressing
- January 2015
- 1 large celeriac (about 750g)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp semolina flour or polenta
- 2 free-range chicken legs (thigh and drumstick)
- Olive oil
- A small bunch of fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- A pinch of caster sugar
- Green salad, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Peel and slice the celeriac into 3cm x 7cm chips. Toss in a bowl with the honey and 2 tbsp olive oil, then dust with the semolina flour or polenta and season well. Put in a large roasting tin.
- Heat a frying pan to high. Rub the chicken legs with olive oil, season, then fry skin-side down for 3 minutes or until golden. Add to the roasting tin skin-side up, then roast in the oven for 40 minutes, tossing occasionally, or until the chicken is cooked through and the chips are golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the tarragon, then shake in a lidded jar with the cider vinegar, the lemon zest and juice, caster sugar and remaining olive oil. Drizzle the dressing over the chicken and chips, then serve with a green salad.
Rate & review