Roast chicken breasts with broad beans and herbs
- July 2015
- 4 free-range skin-on chicken breasts
- 500g new potatoes
- 200g skinned broad beans
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 300ml fresh chicken stock.
- juice of ½ lemon
- dollop of mascarpone
- 2 handfuls of chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley/basil/tarragon/mint/chervil)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Heat a sauté pan over a medium-high heat, then cook the chicken breasts, skin-side down, for 4-5 minutes. Season, then flip the chicken and cook for another minute. Transfer to a roasting tin (set aside the pan with the fat) and roast for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and juicy.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes, chopped if large, for 15 minutes or until tender. Add the broad beans for the last 3 minutes. Drain.
- Put the sauté pan back on a medium heat. When hot, fry the cloves for 2 minutes, then add the chicken stock. Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the potatoes and beans. Stir in the lemon juice, mascarpone and fresh herbs. Season the chicken, then slice and serve on top of the vegetables.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
January seasonal recipes
Roast duck with griddled potatoes, baby turnips and broad beans
Chef Michel Roux Jr’s succulent roast duck recipe is a...
Pot-roast chicken with pilaf rice, broad beans and lemon
Need a summery Sunday lunch? Richard Bainbridge’s chicken pot-roast is...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter