Roast radicchio with lemon and parsley dressing
- December 2018
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 16-20 min
A vegetarian make-ahead side dish of roasted radicchio, served with sultanas and pine nuts, that goes well with roast dinners.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 7.7g (0.8g saturated)
- 7g (6.9g sugars)
- 1 large radicchio, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 60g sultanas
- 2 tbsp marsala (see tip)
- Small bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch caster sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice ½ lemon
- 40g pine nuts
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Toss the radicchio wedges → on a large baking tray with 1 tbsp olive oil and a good pinch of salt. Roast for 10 minutes (see The Prep).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, soak the sultanas in the marsala (see The Prep and tip). In another small bowl mix the remaining olive oil with the parsley, caster sugar and the lemon zest and juice. Season.
- Sprinkle the sultanas, with their soaking liquid, and pine nuts over the radicchio, then roast for another 8-10 minutes. Serve on a platter with the dressing drizzled over.
If you prefer to leave out the marsala, swap it for orange juice or water.
Soak the sultanas and make the dressing up to a few hours of serving. Part-roast the radicchio, ready to dress.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Crunchy radicchio and almond salad
A fresh and flavoursome summer salad recipe with a crunch in every bite.