Roast tomato and grana padano galettes
- September 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 30 min
These enticing galettes are filled with roast tomatoes, onion and fresh thyme then scattered with grana padano to create a truly decadent take on savoury pancakes.
If you like this, why not try these wholemeal galettes with brussels sprouts, mushrooms, ham and cheese?
- Vegetarian recipes
- 13.6g (6.5 saturated)
- 29.3g (12.7g sugars)
- 500g mixed cherry tomatoes
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 bashed garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Handful fresh thyme sprigs
- 75g buckwheat flour
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100g grana padano, or vegetarian alternative
- Crème fraîche (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put 500g mixed cherry tomatoes, 2 sliced onions and 2 bashed garlic cloves in a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, then scatter over a handful of fresh thyme sprigs. Roast for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and heat the grill to high.
- Whisk 75g buckwheat flour in a bowl with 1 medium free-range egg, 250ml semi-skimmed milk and salt and pepper to taste to make a smooth batter. Heat a tiny drizzle of oil in a non-stick frying pan, add a ladleful of batter and cook for 3 minutes until golden underneath. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden on the other side, then transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 4 galettes.
- Divide the tomatoes among the galettes, then fold in the edges to make a square. Put on a baking sheet or tray, then grate over 100g grana padano. Grill for 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbling, then serve drizzled with crème fraîche and balsamic vinegar, if you wish.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Tenderstem and spring onion galettes with goat’s cheese
This open-face style tart recipe is called a galette. It’s packed with fresh spring veg...
Chocolate and prune galettes
This French chocolate galette recipe looks very smart but is so simple to make –...