Roast tomato, mascarpone and rocket pasta
- July 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 min to make and 15-20 min to cook
A vegetarian pasta dish with tangy tomatoes, creamy cheese and fresh rocket. The sauce would also be lovely with pieces of pan-fried cod or king prawns instead of pasta.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 27.4g (12.9g saturated)
- 82.7g (8.4g sugar)
- 600g small vine tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 400g dried linguine
- 150g mascarpone
- Couple handfuls rocket leaves
- Vegetarian Parmesan shavings, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/ gas 6. Put the tomatoes in a roasting tin with the garlic and rosemary. Season well, drizzle with the oil and roast for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling, lightly salted water until al dente, drain and return to the pan.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, mix in the mascarpone to make a creamy sauce and add to the pasta. Toss well, then stir in the rocket leaves. Serve with Parmesan shavings.
The tomato and mascarpone sauce would also be lovely with pieces of pan-fried cod or king prawns. Serve with steamed green vegetables and basmati rice instead of the pasta.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Broad bean recipes
Pappardelle with white wine, cream, broad beans and pancetta
Creamy pappardelle with seasonal broad beans and pancetta is the easy midweek pasta recipe you’ll...