Roasted cauliflower and pesto pasta
- March 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
More than a simple bowl of pasta – this recipe is bursting with flavour from the pesto, roasted cauliflower and raisins.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 13g (2g saturated)
- 68.4g (20g sugars)
- 1 large cauliflower (or 2 small cauliflowers), broken into florets
- Olive oil
- 250g short pasta (we used fusilli)
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 50g raisins, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 200g young leaf spinach
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 50ml shop-bought fresh vegetarian pesto
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Toss the cauliflower in a little olive oil, then roast for 25 minutes or until golden and tender. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes according to the pack instructions – it should still have some bite. Drain, drizzle with olive oil and keep warm.
- In a large frying pan, heat a glug of oil over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook gently for 8 minutes or until soft. Add the cooked pasta, roasted cauliflower, drained raisins, spinach, lemon zest and juice, and pesto, then toss until wilted. Season, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Macaroni cheese recipes
Macaroni cheese with spinach and pesto pangrattato
We’ve taken macaroni cheese to the next level with this easy cheesy, pesto-y vegetarian recipe...