Pesto trofie pasta
- April 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
There’s something so eye-catching about trofie pasta! Treat yourself to a bowl of our pesto trofie pasta which is packed full of goodness and takes just 15 minutes to put together.
If you fancy going one step further and making your own trofie pasta, we’ve got a handy video showing you how.
- 18.3g (3.4g saturated)
- 91g (3.2g sugars)
- 500g trofie pasta
- 60g kale, tough stalks removed
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed
- 40g almonds, roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice 1⁄2 lemon, plus extra zest and wedges to serve
- 30g finely grated vegetarian hard cheese, plus extra to serve
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes until cooked but with a bit of bite (al dente) or according to the packet instructions, then drain, reserving a cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, put the kale, garlic, 30g of the almonds, the lemon zest and juice and the parmesan in a mini food processor and whizz to a rough paste (you may need to add the kale in batches so it fits). With the motor still running, drizzle in the olive oil and 2 tbsp cold water until just combined.
- To serve, toss the pesto with the cooked pasta and a splash of pasta water, then season well (see tips). Mix in the remaining 10g almonds and a little lemon zest, then serve with lemon wedges on the side.
You can use any nuts – hazelnuts or pine nuts are both good. If you want to boost the veg content, stir in 200g cooked green beans in step 3.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Trofie pasta with green beans and new potatoes
This pasta recipe uses trofie pasta, which, like basil pesto, comes from Liguria. It’s available...
Italian pasta recipes
Trofie pasta with watercress, courgette and almonds
”This is a great dish to cook to impress guests . You don’t need a...