Roasted vegetable ratatouille
- August 2018
- Serves 8 (2 meals for 4)
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 35-40 min
This cook-once, eat-twice roasted vegetable ratatouille recipe makes the most of ripe summer veg. It’s the ultimate timesaver for busy weeknights.
Make a batch to feed eight, then use the other half to cook our spiced shakshuka brunch recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- 6.5g (1g saturated)
- 11.5g (10g sugars)
- 1 aubergine, cut into small chunks
- 1 each yellow and orange peppers, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 2 courgettes, roughly chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced through the root into wedges
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 180g radishes, halved if large
- 500g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Large handful fresh basil and flatleaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ gas 6. Put the onions, aubergine, peppers, courgettes and fennel into 1 large or 2 smaller roasting tins. Drizzle with half the olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Add the radishes, tomatoes, garlic and sherry vinegar. Toss to coat, then roast for 15-20 minutes more until the vegetables are tender and the tomatoes are beginning to burst.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil, scatter over the herbs and serve half with fresh crusty bread or pasta and chill or freeze the rest (see Make Ahead or How to Freeze, opposite).
If you’re not vegan, top with 100g crumbled feta for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
How to freeze: allow the ratatouille to cool completely in the tin(s), transfer to food bags or containers and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight and eat cold, reheat to piping hot before serving or use to make our shakshuka recipe.
Once cooked and cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Rate & review
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...