Sticky rosemary sausages
- November 2004
- Serves 4
- Less than 20 minutes
Treat guests this Halloween with a recipe that unites lovely Cumberland cocktail sausages with mustard and honey.
- 400g packet of best-quality Cumberland chipolatas
- 2 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons of runny honey
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Snip a 400g packet of best-quality Cumberland chipolatas to separate.
- Pinch each one in the middle, then twist and cut to make mini sausages.
- In a shallow ovenproof dish, mix 2 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard, 2 tablespoons of runny honey and 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the prepared chipolatas and stir to coat in the sticky glaze.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then turn and sprinkle with the leaves taken from 3 rosemary sprigs. Roast for a further 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve skewered on cocktail sticks with the charred rosemary, topping each with a cocktail onion. Serve with warm cider punch.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Maple and mustard sausages wrapped in pancetta
Sweet, sticky and incredibly moreish pigs in blankets… It isn’t a proper Christmas roast without...