Sausage and roast vegetable pasta bake
- November 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
This easy Italian sausage and roast vegetable pasta bake recipe makes a substantial mid-week family dinner and only requires 5 ingredients.
Our sausage and fennel pasta bake is a winner too, if you’re in need of more midweek ideas.
- 8 pork and herb sausages, cut into chunks
- 350g jar Sacla Classic Tomato & Roasted Vegetables pasta sauce
- 350g dried pasta shapes
- Handful torn fresh basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 150g mozzarella ball, drained and diced
- Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the sausages and cook for 4-5 minutes, until browned.
- Add the pasta sauce, half-fill the jar with water and rinse out into the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes, until the sausages are cooked – it will be quite saucy. Season.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Cook the pasta shapes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
- Add the sausage mix and a handful torn fresh basil leaves. Stir, then tip into a large deep ovenproof dish. Dot with mozzarella then grill for 3-4 minutes to melt the cheese. Scatter with basil leaves and serve with garlic bread.
Rate & review