Sausage burritos with pea and avocado guacamole
- March 2021
- Makes 4 large or 6 smaller burritos
- Hands-on time 30 min
Shake up your routine and fill your next burritos with pork sausages and a twist on guacamole made with peas and avocados.
Or, go traditional Tex-Mex with these beef burritos with refried beans, guacamole and salsa.
- 39.1g (14.6g saturated)
- 64.4g (9.5g sugars)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 454g pack sausages, skins removed
- 3 tbsp Mexican spice mix (or use fajita seasoning)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 mixed peppers, sliced – we used red and orange
- 198g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 2 avocados, roughly chopped
- 100g frozen peas, cooked
- Juice 1 lime
- 4 large or 6 small tortilla wraps
- 2 x 250g pouches cooked basmati rice
- 125g mature cheddar, grated
- Handful fresh coriander
You’ll also need
- Compostable baking paper
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a large frying pan. Add the sausages and cook for 9-10 minutes until cooked through, breaking into small chunks with a wooden spoon. Add the spice mix and fry for 1 minute more, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp oil in the same pan and fry the onion and peppers for 5 minutes. Stir in the corn and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Put the avocados, peas, lime juice and some salt and pepper in a mini blender and whizz until smooth – or mash with a fork for a chunkier texture.
- Warm the tortillas and rice in the microwave according to the pack instructions, then set each tortilla on a square of baking paper. Divide the grated cheese, veg mixture, sausage and most of the coriander and hot rice among the tortillas. Add a dollop of guacamole, then roll up each tortilla and secure with the baking paper.
- Heat a dry frying pan and add the burritos in their wrappers. Gently press down the burritos and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until you can see through the paper that the tortilla is golden. Slice in half and serve with the remaining guacamole and coriander.
Make the sausage and vegetable fillings up to 1 day ahead. Gently reheat and assemble to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Tex-Mex beef burritos
These Tex-Mex burritos with beef, refried beans guacamole and salsa are a perfect way to...
Chilli burritos with tomato relish
This Mexican dish is great for sharing – so double the recipe to serve a...