Sharing pan fondue with garlic toasts, roasted radishes and asparagus
- April 2017
- Serves 8
- Hands-on 30 min, oven 12-15 min
Take this pan of hot, melted cheese to the table and let your guests dig in with herby garlic toasts or buttery, roasted vegetables. It’s an easy starter that’s guaranteed to go down a treat.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 25.9g (11.7g saturated)
- 29.1g (3.4g sugars)
- 200g fontina cheese (from Ocado and cheesemongers), cubed,
- 250g camembert or brie, cubed (or vegetarian alternative)
- 1 fat garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- Glug dessert wine (or a little honey and extra-virgin olive oil)
For the roasted vegetables
- 250g asparagus spears
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 300g mixed radishes
- 20g butter
For the herby garlic toasts
- 1 fresh baguette, sliced 1cm thick
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- Small bunch fresh parsley, leaves chopped
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Toss the asparagus in a baking tray with a little oil and salt and pepper. Put the radishes into a baking dish with the butter and a drizzle of oil. Season and roast both for 12-15 minutes until just tender. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, lay the baguette slices on 2 baking trays, then drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden and crisp. Mix the olive oil with the crushed garlic and chopped parsley and season. Set the toasts and herby oil aside until ready to serve.
- Put the cheeses in an ovenproof frying pan along with the garlic and thyme, then drizzle over the dessert wine (or honey and olive oil). Set aside until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, heat the grill to high and put the cheese-filled pan under the hot grill for 10 minutes until melted and golden. Spread the herby oil on the toasts and serve with the fondue and roasted veg.
Make the toasts and veg ahead. Top with herby oil to serve. Arrange the cheese in the pan but grill just before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Pappardelle with purple sprouting broccoli, Dolcelatte and walnuts
Pappardelle makes a fantastic pasta dish which can be varied using seasonal ingredients; we’ve added...
February seasonal recipes
Garlic and parsley roast chicken with crunchy purple sprouting broccoli
Easy-to-make and packed full of flavour – this chicken thigh tray-bake recipe is an effortless...