Soup with tortellini
- November 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 20-25 minutes to cook
This recipe is a more filling version of a classic minestrone soup. Top it with pesto for extra flavour.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g Waitrose Ready to Sauté Soffritto (or 100g chopped onion, carrot and celery)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 227g tin chopped tomatoes with herbs in tomato juice
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 150g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small courgette, sliced in half lengthways, then into half rounds
- ½ x 250g pack Del Ugo Cappelletti al Parmigiano
- 3 tbsp fresh pesto
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a gentle heat. Add the soffritto and fry for 5 minutes, then stir in the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and beans and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and season. Add the courgette and cook for 1 minute. Add the pasta and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the courgette is tender and the pasta is cooked through.
- Ladle into warm bowls, top with pesto and serve with slices of crusty bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Angela Hartnett’s minestrone with salsa verde
Michelin-starred chef Angela Hartnett puts her stamp on this classic Italian soup recipe – a...