Spiced lamb curry
- December 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 30 minutes to cook
This simple spicy lamb curry recipe is perfect to double up and freeze, ready to feed a crowd at short notice.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 45.5g fat (23.5g saturated)
- 11.4g (4g sugar)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 500g lamb neck fillet, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- ½ x 283g jar balti paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 200g trimmed green beans, halved
- 6 spring onions, cut into 4cm lengths, plus 2 sliced, to garnish
- 250ml lamb stock, hot
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- Good squeeze of lime juice, to taste
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the lamb and onion and cook for 8-10 minutes until the onions have caramelised.
- Stir in the chilli, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the balti paste and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk, beans, spring onions and stock, and simmer for 20 minutes until the lamb is tender. Season with fish sauce and lime juice, garnish with spring onions and serve with basmati rice.
To freeze this dish, make the curry, but don’t add the green beans. Defrost, then add them and warm through.
Rate & review