Spiced potato bake
- May 2005
- Serves 4
- Takes 35 minutes to make
Although this makes a great side dish, its hearty enough to be a main meal. It could even be eaten as Sunday brunch.
- 20.3g (2.2g saturated)
- 49.7g (5g sugars)
- 750g pack frozen spicy potato wedges
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 175g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 4 medium eggs
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan200C/gas 7. Scatter the potato wedges and orange pepper into a large roasting tin and bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Scatter with the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, chilli powder and two-thirds of the spring onion. Toss to coat evenly. Roast for a further 15 minutes, until the potato wedges are crisp and golden.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven and clear 4 spaces (large enough to add an egg to each) in the base. Crack an egg into each space. Season with salt and pepper and return to the oven for 4-5 minutes or until the eggs are just set.
- Scatter with the remaining spring onions and serve with tomato ketchup or brown sauce.
You can add sausages or streaky bacon to this. Cook the sausages with the potato wedges and pepper or add the bacon with the cherry tomatoes and continue as per the recipe.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Macaroni cheese recipes
Macaroni cheese with spinach and pesto pangrattato
We’ve taken macaroni cheese to the next level with this easy cheesy, pesto-y vegetarian recipe...