Spiced turkey rice
- December 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 minutes
Use your Christmas leftovers for this super-speedy spiced turkey rice, which uses ready-made rice to make extra-quick.
Or, take a look at our great leftover turkey curry.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 10.7g (2.5g saturated)
- 32.3g (1.9g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp garam masala
- 2 garlic cloves,crushed
- 2 x 250g pouches Tilda brown ready-cooked rice
- 400g leftover roast turkey or cooked turkey breast, shredded
- Juice 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 200g baby leaf spinach
- Large bunch fresh coriander,chopped
- Natural yogurt to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garam masala and garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add the rice and turkey with a splash of water and warm for a couple of minutes, then squeeze in the lemon juice and stir in the spinach in 2 batches, letting the first wilt so you can fit it all in the pan. Add most of the coriander and stir in well.
- Taste, season and sprinkle with the remaining coriander, then serve with the lemon wedges and yogurt.
A little spicy mango chutney or lime pickle would go perfectly with this dish.
Next time you could swap the spinach for broccoli, sliced peppers or defrosted frozen peas. The recipe works equally well with roast chicken, too.
Rate & review