Bang bang turkey coleslaw
- January 2008
- for 6 people
- Ready in 20 minutes
Marcus Wareing’s family turkey coleslaw recipe – made up of Christmas leftovers – is perfect for Boxing Day entertaining.
Per serving: 408kcals, 23.1g fat (4.9g saturated), 31.8g protein, 18.6g carbs, 14.7g sugar, 1.1g salt
- 2 carrots, cut into very thin strips
- 1/2 white cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1/2 cucumber, skinned and peeled into strips
- 200g beansprouts
- Good handful each fresh coriander and fresh mint, chopped
- 50g roasted peanuts, chopped
- 500-600g cooked turkey, cut into chunks
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large piece fresh ginger, grated
- 6 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 150ml rice wine vinegar
- Make the dressing. Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chilli sauce, remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, fish sauce, vinegar and remaining oil. Season to taste, then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together the carrots, cabbage, cucumber, beansprouts, coriander, mint and peanuts. In another bowl, mix the turkey and dressing together, then add to the coleslaw and toss well. Divide between plates and serve.
This will keep, covered and chilled, for up to 2 days. Serve at room temperature.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Kohlrabi and carrot slaw
Kohlrabi is a winter root that tastes a little like a turnip. Grate raw into...