Turkey and white bean chilli
- January 2013
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 35 minutes to cook
This hearty white bean chilli is a quick, tasty way of using leftover Christmas turkey. Try it in tortilla wraps with cheese and guacamole.
Or, make it a leftovers double whammy by adding leftover Christmas ham and turkey to this delicious pie.
- 12.8g (2.7g saturated)
- 16.3g (7.9g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- Good pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- Good squeeze of tomato purée
- 500g leftover turkey, shredded
- 400g tin white beans (such as butter beans or cannellini), drained and rinsed
- Large handful of fresh coriander, torn
- Heat the olive oil in a shallow casserole or large pan over a low heat and fry the onion for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and chillies, then fry for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the dry spices and cook for 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes and tomato purée. Season well and simmer for 25-30 minutes. If it starts to thicken too much, add a splash of water.
- Add the turkey and beans, then cook for 10 minutes until piping hot. Stir through the fresh coriander and serve with steamed rice.
This is great for a festive packed lunch. Make a half quantity of the tomato sauce (steps 1 and 2), stir through the turkey and beans, then wrap in tortillas with some grated cheese and shredded lettuce. It’s good with guacamole.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...