- August 2009
- For 4 people
- Takes 5 minutes to make and 15 minutes to cook
These tasty homemade burgers get their spice from curry paste, and can be made using a griddle or cooked on a barbecue.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 24.3g (7g saturated)
- 49.2g (7.6g sugars)
- 500g beef mince
- 3 tbsp rogan josh curry paste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for brushing
- 1 large red onion, cut into rings
- Burger buns, spicy tomato relish and lettuce, to serve
- Place the mince in a bowl and, using your hands, mix with the curry paste and coriander. Season well and shape into 4 burgers.
- Place a griddle pan over a medium-high heat (or light/preheat the barbecue), brush the burgers with oil and cook for 12-15 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Set aside. Brush the onion slices with oil and griddle or barbecue for 2 minutes, turning once. Serve the burger and onion in toasted burger buns with spicy tomato relish and lettuce.
TO FREEZE: Make the raw shaped burgers, then store in between layers of baking paper in a sealed container for up to 3 months. Defrost fully in the fridge before cooking.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Green olive cheeseburgers with slow-cooked onions
The sweet-salty combination of green olives and caramelised onions adds a lovely depth of flavour...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...