Warm satay chicken and rice salad
- October 2018
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time 20 min
If you’re a fan of peanut butter than you’ll love this warm chicken salad drizzled in a creamy satay dressing. It’s ready in 20 minutes and will feed four hungry mouths generously.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 18.1g (7g saturated)
- 25.2g (3.1g sugars)
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 160ml tin of coconut cream
- 2 tbsp Thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 x 250g packs of microwave basmati rice
- 4 chopped spring onions
- Large handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil, plus an extra splash
- 1kg higher welfare roast chicken, jointed
- ½ deseeded and sliced cucumber
- 1-2 tsp sesame seeds
- To make the satay sauce, put the peanut butter, a coconut cream, Thai curry paste, tamarind paste and light soy sauce in a small pan. Gently heat, stirring, until combined.
- Meanwhile, microwave the rice for 2 minutes, transfer to a large bowl and stir in the spring onions, chopped coriander, the lime juice and sesame oil. Spoon onto a serving platter, then top with a the chicken.
- Drizzle some of the satay sauce over the chicken and serve the rest on the side. Toss the cucumber with a splash of toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds, then scatter over the salad to serve.
Rate & review