Warm satay chicken and rice salad
- October 2018
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time 20 min
If you’re a fan of peanut butter than you’ll love this warm chicken salad drizzled in a creamy satay dressing. It’s ready in 20 minutes and will feed four hungry mouths generously.
Check out more chicken salad recipes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 18.1g (7g saturated)
- 25.2g (3.1g sugars)
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 160ml tin of coconut cream
- 2 tbsp Thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 x 250g packs of microwave basmati rice
- 4 chopped spring onions
- Large handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil, plus an extra splash
- 1kg higher welfare roast chicken, jointed
- ½ deseeded and sliced cucumber
- 1-2 tsp sesame seeds
- To make the satay sauce, put the peanut butter, a coconut cream, Thai curry paste, tamarind paste and light soy sauce in a small pan. Gently heat, stirring, until combined.
- Meanwhile, microwave the rice for 2 minutes, transfer to a large bowl and stir in the spring onions, chopped coriander, the lime juice and sesame oil. Spoon onto a serving platter, then top with a the chicken.
- Drizzle some of the satay sauce over the chicken and serve the rest on the side. Toss the cucumber with a splash of toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds, then scatter over the salad to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Asian-style chicken salad
This colourful chicken salad recipe is inspired by the balance of sweet, salty, sour flavours...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...