Steak with charred veg and chipotle yogurt
- April 2022
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min
Need a quick and easy steak dinner for 2? Slices of juicy rib-eye served on top of black beans, charred vegetables and chipotle yogurt should do the trick.
You might also love our steak with charred corn salsa.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 30.4g (7.9g saturated)
- 32g carbs (16.9g sugars)
- 1 red pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 200g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g rib-eye or sirloin steak or 2 x 200g steaks
- 100g natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- Grated zest and juice 1 lime, plus lime wedges to serve
- ½ bunch coriander, finely chopped
- Heat a griddle/frying pan over a high heat. Toss the pepper, onion, 2 tbsp of the oil and the spices together in a bowl with a good pinch of salt. Griddle/fry the veg for 10-12 minutes or until charred and cooked through. Return to the bowl and mix in the sweetcorn and black beans.
- Rub the steak/s with the remaining oil and season with salt. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Set aside.
- Mix the yogurt, chipotle paste, lime zest and juice, and a pinch of salt. Stir the coriander into the veg, then spoon onto 2 plates. Slice the steak/s into strips, then divide between the plates. Drizzle with the chipotle yogurt and serve with lime wedges.
Chipotle paste is a hot, smoky flavouring made from dried jalapeños.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Charred spicy pepper pesto with steak and green salad
Make your own speedy pepper pesto, then drizzle generously over seared sirloin steaks and fresh...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...