Charred broccoli steaks with lentil salad and harissa yogurt
- May 2021
- Serves 2-3
- Hands-on time 30 min
Serve charred broccoli steaks over black lentils with antipasti vegetables and a punchy harissa yogurt for an easy, flavour-packed vegetarian dinner for two.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 32.3g (5.4g saturated)
- 30.1g (12.6g sugars)
- 3 tbsp rose harissa (or 2 tbsp regular)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 large broccoli, sliced through the stem into 1cm thick steaks
- 2 lemons, halved
- 400g can black lentils, drained
- 280g jar mixed antipasti vegetables, drained
- 100g rocket, half finely chopped, half whole leaves
- 50g roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 200g natural yogurt
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Mix 1 tbsp harissa with the olive oil. Brush the broccoli steaks with the harissa oil and season well. Cook the broccoli steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender with good char lines. Set aside and keep warm. Add the lemons, cut side down, and griddle for 2-3 minutes until charred.
- While the broccoli cooks, make the salad. Combine the lentils, antipasti, chopped and whole rocket, and the almonds. Season with the juice from the charred lemons, a drizzle of oil and a good pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Combine the remaining harissa with the yogurt.
- Arrange the lentil salad on a platter or plates, top with the broccoli and serve warm with the harissa yogurt.
Easy swaps: Try other veggie ‘steaks’ – such as butternut squash, cauliflower or celeriac. Grill until tender.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cauliflower steaks with caper butter and parsley breadcrumbs
”This makes an excellent vegetarian main course option if you add a grain salad to...