Charred broccoli steaks with lentil salad and harissa yogurt
- May 2021
- Serves 2-3
- Hands-on time 30 min
Serve charred broccoli steaks over black lentils with antipasti vegetables and a punchy harissa yogurt for an easy, flavour-packed vegetarian dinner for two.
- 32.3g (5.4g saturated)
- 30.1g (12.6g sugars)
- 3 tbsp rose harissa (or 2 tbsp regular)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 large broccoli, sliced through the stem into 1cm thick steaks
- 2 lemons, halved
- 400g can black lentils, drained
- 280g jar mixed antipasti vegetables, drained
- 100g rocket, half finely chopped, half whole leaves
- 50g roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 200g natural yogurt
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Mix 1 tbsp harissa with the olive oil. Brush the broccoli steaks with the harissa oil and season well. Cook the broccoli steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender with good char lines. Set aside and keep warm. Add the lemons, cut side down, and griddle for 2-3 minutes until charred.
- While the broccoli cooks, make the salad. Combine the lentils, antipasti, chopped and whole rocket, and the almonds. Season with the juice from the charred lemons, a drizzle of oil and a good pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Combine the remaining harissa with the yogurt.
- Arrange the lentil salad on a platter or plates, top with the broccoli and serve warm with the harissa yogurt.
Easy swaps: Try other veggie ‘steaks’ – such as butternut squash, cauliflower or celeriac. Grill until tender.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cauliflower steaks with caper butter and parsley breadcrumbs
”This makes an excellent vegetarian main course option if you...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter