Sticky baked tomatoes, sausages and squash
- June 2012
- 4-5 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 4-5 fresh sage leaves
- 300g red and yellow cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 350g pack prepared butternut squash
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp Belazu Balsamic Vinegar (from Waitrose, Tesco and Sainsbury’s), or similar
- 6 free-range pork chipolatas
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3. Toss together the garlic cloves, sage leaves, tomatoes and prepared squash with the olive oil, half the balsamic vinegar and a good pinch of seasoning. Tumble into a small baking tray and fit the sausages in snugly among the veg. Put in the oven and cook for 45-50 minutes, carefully turning over the sausages halfway through.
- Remove from the oven, season again and drizzle over the remaining balsamic vinegar. Divide between two shallow bowls and serve with crusty bread to mop up the juices.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked sausages with prunes and walnut gremolata
Try Diana Henry’s recipe of sausages baked with prunes, red...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter