Sticky baked tomatoes, sausages and squash
- June 2012
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 5 min, oven time 45-50 min
Midweek meals should have minimal prep and even less washing up – this shortcut recipe uses prepared butternut squash, chipolatas and vine tomatoes to make a quick one-pot dinner.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 4-5 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 4-5 fresh sage leaves
- 300g red and yellow cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 350g pack prepared butternut squash
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp Belazu Balsamic Vinegar (from Waitrose, Tesco and Sainsbury’s), or similar
- 6 free-range pork chipolatas
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3. Toss together the garlic cloves, sage leaves, tomatoes and prepared squash with the olive oil, half the balsamic vinegar and a good pinch of seasoning. Tumble into a small baking tray and fit the sausages in snugly among the veg. Put in the oven and cook for 45-50 minutes, carefully turning over the sausages halfway through.
- Remove from the oven, season again and drizzle over the remaining balsamic vinegar. Divide between two shallow bowls and serve with crusty bread to mop up the juices.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked sausages with prunes and walnut gremolata
Try Diana Henry’s recipe of sausages baked with prunes, red onions and red wine and...