Sticky baked tomatoes, sausages and squash
- June 2012
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 5 min, oven time 45-50 min
Midweek meals should have minimal prep and even less washing up – this shortcut recipe uses prepared butternut squash, chipolatas and vine tomatoes to make a quick one-pot dinner.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 4-5 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 4-5 fresh sage leaves
- 300g red and yellow cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 350g pack prepared butternut squash
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp Belazu Balsamic Vinegar (from Waitrose, Tesco and Sainsbury’s), or similar
- 6 free-range pork chipolatas
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3. Toss together the garlic cloves, sage leaves, tomatoes and prepared squash with the olive oil, half the balsamic vinegar and a good pinch of seasoning. Tumble into a small baking tray and fit the sausages in snugly among the veg. Put in the oven and cook for 45-50 minutes, carefully turning over the sausages halfway through.
- Remove from the oven, season again and drizzle over the remaining balsamic vinegar. Divide between two shallow bowls and serve with crusty bread to mop up the juices.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked sausages with prunes and walnut gremolata
Try Diana Henry’s recipe of sausages baked with prunes, red onions and red wine and...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...